This wireless network is the property of AMERICAN SYSTEMS and may be accessed only by authorized guests of AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Unauthorized use of this network is strictly prohibited and subject to criminal prosecution.
The data you send and receive over this network may be unencrypted and may be viewed or intercepted by others. Use this network at your own risk. Privacy and security safeguards are the user's responsibility. AMERICAN SYSTEMS does not warrant or represent that this service will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. Users should be aware that there are security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and technology.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS may monitor any activity or retrieve any information transmitted through this network, to ensure compliance with AMERICAN SYSTEMS' policy, and with federal, state and local law. By accessing and using this network, you are consenting to such monitoring and information retrieval by AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Users should have no general expectation of privacy or confidentiality when using this network.
You agree to access and use this wireless network for lawful purposes ONLY. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of AMERICAN SYSTEMS' wireless network. By accessing this wireless network, you agree that you will NOT:
- Use the wireless network to commit a criminal offense, or to encourage others to conduct acts that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- Post (or transmit) any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Post, upload or transmit any information or content that violates the intellectual property or privacy rights of any person or entity;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Use this wireless network to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use this wireless network to upload any content that contains a software virus, such as a Trojan or any other computer codes, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the function of the wireless network (or the hardware/software of any other person who may access the wireless network);
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any materials, that you do not have the right to transmit under any law (or under any contractual relationship);
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any department, division, organization, unit, etc., which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Any activities which violate local, state, or federal statutes are prohibited;
- Dissemination of spam and/or viruses, whether knowingly or as the result of a worm or virus on your computer, is prohibited. Attempting to send any virus or malicious material including any type of "Out of Band" packet to any other Internet user is prohibited;
- "Cracking/Hacking" is prohibited. Example: Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account on AMERICAN SYSTEMS systems or The Internet at large is strictly forbidden;
- "Denial of service" attacks of any kind are forbidden. Use of AMERICAN SYSTEMS systems or networks (willfully or negligently) in a manner that encumbers disk space, processors, bandwidth, or other system resources so as to interfere with others' normal use of services on AMERICAN SYSTEMS or any other systems or networks is prohibited. Attempting to knock a server off-line, slow down our connection, or knock any other user offline is prohibited;
- Use of TCP or UDP port scanners to scan remote networks without the express written consent of that networks' administrator and AMERICAN SYSTEMS' CIO is prohibited;
- Spamming is prohibited. Example: Sending unsolicited mass mailings of any nature, including those with an "opt-out option" for continuation. The opt-out option is inviting those who do not wish to receive more email to reply to you;
- Mail-bombing is prohibited. Example: Sending a large number of email messages, or singularly large email messages, to a single address in order to flood someone's mailbox;
- Forging any email header to obscure the originator of the message is prohibited;
- Creating or participating in pyramid schemes or chain letters is prohibited;
- Sending any type of harassing email, either by language, size, or frequency. This includes sending email or instant messages to any person who has asked explicitly that you do not is prohibited;
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked logos, phrases or names is prohibited;
- Distribution of any software or materials in violation of any copyrights or distribution licenses is prohibited;
- The posting of slanderous or defamatory materials or articles is prohibited;
- Distribution of any material which violates local, state, or federal statutes is prohibited;
Failure to Comply
Violations of this policy will be treated like other allegations of wrongdoing at AMERICAN SYSTEMS. Allegations of misconduct will be adjudicated according to established procedures. Sanctions for inappropriate use of the guest wireless network may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Temporary or permanent revocation of access to some or all computing and networking resources and facilities;
- Disciplinary action according to applicable AMERICAN SYSTEMS policies; and/or
- Legal action according to applicable laws and contractual agreements;
AMERICAN SYSTEMS reserves the right to monitor the content that you provide. Any system may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including ensuring that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability and operational security. Monitoring may include active attacks by authorized entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this wireless network, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal or adverse action.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You agree that use of the AMERICAN SYSTEMS wireless network and its applicable services are entirely at your own risk. The wireless network and its services are provided on an "as is" or "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind. All express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law. Furthermore, AMERICAN SYSTEMS disclaims any warranties for the security, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, and performance of this wireless network.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS reserves the right to take the wireless network and its services offline for any reason. The wireless network and its services shall occasionally be taken offline for routine maintenance.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall AMERICAN SYSTEMS be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any aspect of your use of this wireless network, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of this wireless network, from the inability to use the wireless network or the service, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the this wireless network. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through this wireless network. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify and hold AMERICAN SYSTEMS, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post or make available through this wireless network, your violation of the Use Agreement, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.